Monday 27 July 2009

Avon purchases


For some reason, I've never had an avon lady round where I live. Which is probably a good thing to be honest, as I have a funny feeling I would always be adding things to a list each month..
So when my friend said that her mum was an avon lady, I just knew I couldn't resist!
It's just so much fun flicking through the avon book and scribbling down what you fancy - it sort of feels like it's not real money? Oh well, you only realise it is when you get your stuff haha

I only picked a few things in the end (I definitely held back..) and this is what I got:

I thought this would be quite fun to have in my collection, especially on the days when I want barbie pink cheeks!


Do you know what? I don't even own a brown mascara - I even have blue, purple and glitter ones.. just not a brown??

These are 2 in 1 shadow sticks - you've got cream on one end and when you take the cap off, it's got a wand with pigment inside. We'll have to see how they fair during a long day

These are 4 cream shadows and these colours are what got me - perfect for a neutral eye! I think I'll just be using these as bases for other shadows I have


All in all I'm happy with what I chose and for £16 - you can't go wrong
I don't think I'll be getting anything from the avon book in the near future though, just because there's so much higher end make up that I've got my eye on, that I know I'll get more use out of.
Lesson learnt I think!


However, their body lotions and potions did catch my eye.. hmmm.. 
Better go look in the book again!

Is Avon yay or nay? What are the hidden gems they have to offer?

No comments:

Post a Comment