Friday 24 July 2009

Back in the game; pigment pressing!


So I've been M.I.A for nearly 2 months now.. and I am so sorry - a lot of stuff has been going on in my personal life and it was hard to find the time and also the energy to do a blog post I'd actually be happy with. The good news is - I am back now and with a vengeance! Mwahaha

So getting back into the saddle, I wanted to show you some of the pigments I pressed a while ago now - they were my first attempts and to be honest, I'm rather happy with them. It isn't as hard as I thought it would be!

I bought 2 mineralize eyeshadows from a lady off youtube a couple of months ago and it turned into a bit of drama.. (The claws didn't fully come out, haha) They arrived completely smashed and the only reason it happened, was simply because she hadn't packed them properly to travel the distance from the US to the UK. She wouldn't give me a full refund and let's just say I was pretty miffed!

So to salvage the situation I decided to make something of these sad excuses of eyeshadows..


Hot Contrast

Sea & Sky

If life gives me lemons, I really do make lemonade!

I was worried about losing the veining in the eyeshadows, as they are what I love best about them - but I think they still capture the essence of what once was, haha. At least now they will be put to use; it turned out good in the end - hoorah! So the moral of this story is girls, don't throw away broken shadows - they really can be fixed!


The last pigment I want to show you is MAC's Vanilla pigment and this is what that looks like:

This is seriously my favourite highlight colour and I use it pretty much everyday. Not only do I now have it in pan form, I use it on my nails and also have a carry round version of fix+ with this in - divine!


If any of you would like to see a post on how I press pigments, just let me know and I'll get on it. 
Anyways, it's good to be back and you'll be hearing from me again, very soon!

How have you faired with the pressing pigments malarky?

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Back! Ithink you should show how u did it because I'm baffled!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe she didn't give you a full refund! Cowbag! At least you managed to salvage them, I think I would have given up and chucked em (I have very little patience with fiddly things :-) )

    Btw I am with you with the vanilla highlighter - it's perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nicola - i will do a post about it then, least then you'll have a better idea on how to do it yourself lovely! it really is fun and you'll have to let me know how you get on

    @Cat she was a cowbag, you're right haha, i unsubscribed her ass straight away! what else do you use vanilla pigment for? i need more ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look brilliant! Please do a post showing how you did them!
    I'm glad you made good out a bad situation too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete